Soap Berries 500g
What are Soapberries and how do they work?
Soapberries are most commonly used as a natural laundry detergent and household cleaner. Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree and are full of a naturally occurring soap called Saponin. These Certified Organic Soapberries are simply picked, de-seeded, dried and packed. No additional processes or chemicals are required.
Saponin is a natural anti-bacterial & anti-fungal surfactant, perfect for use in the laundry or around the home. Saponin releases from the Soapberries when they hit water. To use in the laundry, simply add 5-6 whole shells to the cotton wash bag that comes provided and put in the washing machine with your load of washing – That’s it. Top & Front loader compatible. That Red House Soapberries are the highest quality product on the market. The higher the altitude of the growing region, the higher the quality and Saponin content of the fruit. They source their product from the highest altitude on earth -The Himalayas.
To make other personal and household cleaning products, follow the simple recipes here.
- Soapberries are perfect for the organically conscious consumer – those looking to eliminate nasty chemicals from their home
- The thrifty consumer – those looking to reduce household expenses – soapberries are generally ½ the cost of regular detergents
- Those with sensitive skin – Head of Dermatology at a leading Adelaide Hospital recommends people with sensitive skin use Soapberries in their laundry as a first call to action for those experiencing skin irritations. Many skin irritations can be traced back to the residue left on clothes from ‘standard’ laundry detergents.
- The environmentally conscious – our Soapberries are waste free and sustainably and ethically sourced.
- They are also grey water and septic safe.
- The socially minded – we support the local farming communities by way of fair wages and our charity ‘Grow Nepal’